Labels

Tuesday 19 March 2013

Super Easy Chocolate Cake

Hi everyone!
I made a quick chocolate cake for a picnic today and the whole thing got devoured so I thought I should share the recipe. It is super easy to make and the best part is that the cake doesn't need any frosting so it is really easy to pack for an outing. This recipe was originally given to me by the boy's Grandma Ricky but I have made a few changes to make it my own.

Ingredients
  • 1 cup self-raising flour
  • 1/3 cup cocoa powder
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/2 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180 C. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin.
  2. Sift flour and cocoa together into a large mixing bowl.
  3. Add sugar, eggs, milk, vanilla and oil and stir to combine.
  4. Stir in chocolate chips and pour into prepared cake tin.
  5. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
  6. Stand for 10 minutes and then turn onto a wire rack to cool.
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment